Monday, September 21, 2009

yeah...still bored!

Changed my mind. I have nothing else to do so I'm going to blather on. Anyone ahve a problem with that? *crickets chirp* good. So today is zom Gedaliah. fasting. bleh. No one likes that. But yesterday and the day before were Rosh Hashana. Don't know about you guys, but mine was awesome. I davened Ma'ariv for the first time in my life, and yeah...not anything life-changign there. But I ahven't really seen many men for a long tme so it was cool sitting there and being liek "I'm in shul...hehe" My meals were/are really amazing. Food here is nothing like the famed "Sem food" of legends. Green slime that crawls away from your plate when you're not looking. No. we have really good stuff. and on Thursday nights we EVEN have Macaroni and cheese!!! not as good as I make it, but it'll suffice. England is as they say, cold and rainy. all the time. It feels more like Chanukah time, rather than Sukkos. Tomorrow is our last day of classes, and then everyone is going on "holiday" (pronounced holly-day) I'm IYH going to be in Eretz Yisroel!! Flying on Thursday through Paris and then I'll be staying at Dani's house, and for Sukkos I'll IYH be at my aunt and uncle. yay!! In case I ahven't expressed this eough, I MISS YOU!!!! seriously, not a day goes by that I don't think of my friens or random Ritts moments. i.e. the other day we were discussing Purim and I kept raving about Purim in Cincy. Can ou imagine? me raving about Cincy!?! crazy times.... but yeah. They do have a play here in third term, that's between Chnukah and Pesach, and I hope to be in it. With my amazing repetoire as "mama" I'm sure I'll get main part :P My days are pretty boring, I have 4 morning shiurim which start at 8:45 and end at 12:45. then we have lunch (supper) and here that mean a huge meal, with soup, and usually a big protein and lots of sides. then most girls have afternoon courses. I don't. In case any of you didn't hear my lovely border story, I don't have a student visa, I ahve a six month pass into the country. So no courses until after sukkos. So as most of you know, I spend my afternoons on the phone, and writing letters. speaking of which... :P so yeah...then we have supper at 6:15 which is light-ish and two night shiurim. curfew is 10pm, and lights go out in the rooms at 11, but peopel can hang out in the common room or the hallways or whatever. fun stuff happening. So now I'm trying to think of what to write, and I am drawing a blank. .... *thinking hard* oh! House and Heroes start tonight! I'm missing it!!! *mutters to self* will not think about gashmius. will not think about tv continuing without me. will not concentrate on it. will think about...rainbows! and butterflies! and unicooooorns! lalalalalalala. oookay Rifky. who's crazy? I AM!!!! *waves hand high* oooh! Want to hear something insane? second term, menaing when i get back from sukkos until Chanukah, the time here is crazy. Because Gateshead is so up North the nights get super-long during the winter. So the sun will rise at 8am and set at 5pm. Shabbos can start at 4!! Menaing Shabbos is more on Friday then on Saturday. how mad is that? ....yes I just said mad. start your fangirl screaming. So that's all I can really think of to say. I'm doing okay, missing you all TERRIBLY!!! please write any time, and send packages of you have money to spare :P - kidding! I'll try to post when I can. Love you guys. MWAH!!!!!
- Rifky
p.s. *hugs* ;]

3 comments:

Bracha said...

Well, your Rosh Hashana may have been awesome, but ours was FREEZING! The new shul has vents right under the girl's section, so we were all shivering because it was on so high for the men! Meanwhile, Rabbi D had to hang his tallis up to dry from his sweat....

Holly-day...ha ha....

What, lunch and supper are pretty much reversed there?

"...but people can hang out in the common room or the hallways or whatever" - You use the term 'common room' so indifferently! That's so cool! It's, like, a regular thing for you!

*squeals* YOU SAID MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I wanted to beat Bracha in leaving a comment. But still, I actually left a comment! Can you believe that? The things I do for you! I actually forgot my password and had to change it.

Anyway, yeah this was just to say hi and for you to cheer for me b/c woohoo I actually wrote s/t on the blog. The last time I did that was at your house.

Okay, I gotta go. Rabbi D's tapping his foot.

Toodles

blah blah said...

LOL to both of. Bracha - that's sad (it's freezing in England all the time so shul is actually warm) that u were so cold, but TMI with teh RD thng.
common room is a common thing, and I am starting to talk kinda britishish
Hudi- HI!!!